The past couple of months I have been busy researching, reading, and thinking about what the important trends will be in 2014. Most of my reports have already been posted out there. You can access them via my Slideshare account.
While everyone was enjoying the holiday break, I was researching emerging technology trends and predictions for 2014.
I’ve selected 10 trends for my list this year. I have about 20-25 trends I am really tracking, but I am only able to profile 10 at this time. Throughout the rest of 2014 I hope to profile some of the others. Some of the trends on my list are more mature in their adoption and development than others. However, those that made my list are the trends that I feel CIOs and IT leaders will be wanting information on.
My trend reports always provide a rich set of resources that community members can use to learn more about the trend. These trend reports are 15-20 pages and typically have the following table of contents:
- Quotes from Analysts that define the trend and the market size or growth
- Important developments / predictions about this overall trend we should watch in 2014
- Overall trend adoption drivers & challenges as well as implications
- Links to Industry Analysts sites and blogs that talk about this trend
- Links to important Industry and Business publications/websites that talk about this trend
- Links to major IT Industry Vendors websites/portals for this trend
- Links to social media platforms, networks, and communities that are organized around this trend
- A list of online Influencers that regularly post on Twitter
- Websites and resources on ibm.com (my employer) that relate to this trend
- Selected reports and white papers about this trend that I have found online.
- Selected books, videos, and other related resources
If you follow me out on social media or this blog, you’ll always have the latest news on these trend reports.