In light of today's economic environment, many organizations will be looking for ways to cut people, resources and budgets. At the same time, forward-thinking enterprises will turn to IT to help them maintain and enhance their competitive advantage in the marketplace. According to an article I found in Baseline.com, "the following technologies are likely to shape IT and business organizations in the coming year".
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Enterprise Mobility
- Energy-Efficient Data Centers
- Security, Risk and Compliance
- Social Networking
- Web 2.0
- Document Management and E-Discovery
- Project Management and Project Portfolio Management
- Web and Video Collaboration
If you want to read the full article, I found this list of IT Trends for 2009 in an article at Baseline.com.
You can download a PDF version of the article here.