My Gamification: A 2013 HorizonWatching Trend Report has been pretty popular out on Slideshare so I thought I’d post about it here.
Gamification can be defined as the emerging trend of applying game-design techniques to non-game situations and applications. The recent hype around Gamification is how enterprises are beginning to employ gaming techniques to business processes. The main objective with gamification is influence employee or customer behavior in order to motivate them, in a fun and entertaining way, to solve a problem or execute a business process. There are many potential applications of Gamification across all business processes. Gartner has said that they believe 70% of the Fortune 2000 corporations will have implemented a Gamification application by 2014.
Trends in Gamification for 2013
- Gamification Grows Up: As the media buzz from 2012 continues, case studies highlight successful uses of gamification and Business Leaders realize there is business value.
- Designing for Success: Case Studies and Industry Best Practices will reveal significant differences in design requirements depending on desired outcome.
- Gamification is not easy: Successful implementations of Gamification can require significant upfront planning and design work.
- Integration with Mobile, Social & Collaboration Platforms: Users increasingly prefer gamification efforts that are integrated with existing mobile, social and collaboration platforms.
- Large Enterprise App Vendors Experiment: Expect large application vendors to experiment with embedding Gamification techniques directly into business applications.
- Gamification Analytics: Expect innovative uses of analytics to understand how to optimize gamification techniques in order to influence behavior.
- Significant Benefits: In 2013, there will be increased industry case study examples that demonstrate the value a cohesive, connected and playful team can achieve via gamification.
- Skills and Training: Large enterprises will look to invest in developing skilled resources in Gamification design and development.
- Gamification Services: Lack of experience with Gamification will drive increased interest in Gamification Consultants.
The Trend Report
Check out the embedded slides below or go download a copy for your own use.