My Digital Marketing: A 2013 HorizonWatching Trend Report is now available out on Slideshare and I’ve embedded the slides this post below (see bottom of post). This report contains summary information as well as insights into what trends we might see around the Digital Marketing topic during 2013.
The marketing profession is undergoing a transformation thanks to the ever changing landscape of digital technology. Marketing professionals have to stay current on how developments in the area of cloud, mobile, social, video, big data and analytics will impact the marketing profession. 2013 promises to be another interesting year as the technology trends just mentioned are all very hot. It’s not a stretch to say that CMOs and Marketing Departments are a little over their head.
Digital Marketing Trends for 2013
- Advanced Analytics: Social, Customer, Mobile, Web
- Influencer Marketing: Cultivating influencers into advocates
- Content Marketing: Content designed to educate vs. sell
- Blogging: Expect a resurgence in blogging with a focus on delivering thought leadership and education.
- Mobile Marketing: Pilots should be over by now. Time to deploy apps that deliver business value across critical business processes.
- Social Media Marketing: Pull in the reins, cleaning house, and re-focus on relationships
- Video Marketing: Integrating Video into all Content Marketing efforts
- Personalization: Driven by big data and advanced analytics
- Digital Experience: Optimizing the cross-channel customer digital experiences
- Digital Skill Shortages: Can you teach an old dog new tricks?
- CMO / CIO Partnership: Redefining relationships and setting goals together
Digital Marketing: A 2013 HorizonWatching Trend Report