Food Channel recently announced their annual predictions via an article Announcing Our Top Ten Food Trends for 2010 . The list is developed by The Food Channel staff along with CultureWaves and the International Food Futurists.
Here’s the top ten trends.
- Keeping it Real. A return to basic ingredients.
- Experimentation Nation. Trend towards experimentation. Look for new concepts to come and go.
- More in Store. Trends towards a growth in grocery stores, particularly as private label assumes prominence.
- American, the New Ethnic. The latest flavors are coming from the great American melting pot.
- Food Vetting. This trend says the public wants assurance that we are eating the right things.
- Mainstreaming Sustainability. People and companies becoming sustainable because they want make a difference.
- Food with Benefits. Ingredients designed to pump up the nutritional value.
- I Want My Umami. Food as an adventure? All about experimentation and a willingness to try new things.
- Will Trade for Food. A trends towards the barter system?
- I, Me, Mine. this trend is all about rise of the individual.
More discussion and detail can be found in the article at http://www.foodchannel.com/stories/2172-announcing-our-top-ten-food-trends-for-2010