I came across a 2010 trends list for business analytics at Forrester Research’s blog for Business Process & Applications Professionals. The blog post was written by James Kobielus, a senior analyst at Forrester who researches and writes on data warehousing, predictive analytics, and data mining.
James came up with six trends that will shape advanced analytics in the year to come.
- Self-service operational BI puts information workers in driver’s seat
- User-friendly predictive modeling comes to the information workplace
- Advanced analytics sinks deep roots in the data warehouse
- Social network analysis bring powerful predictive analysis to the online economy
- Low-cost data warehousing delivers fast analytics to the midmarket
- Data warehousing virtualizing into the cloud
You can read the full post at http://blogs.forrester.com/business_process/2009/12/advanced-analytics-predictions-for-2010.html