As mentioned in my post Friday Gadget: Rapport Device Detects and Reacts to Human Emotions I am resurrecting my series of Friday Gadget posts.
As I have been researching Wearables this past month, I thought I would provide a post about concept designs for future wearables
- Frog 2012 Wearables Design Competition: In 2012 Frog asked designers to participate in a challenge to design concepts for future wearables that would enhance living in an urban environment.
- PLTLabs has posted a number of different concepts for future wearables on their website at http://pltlabs.com/concepts/
- Intel currently has issued a challenge, Make it Wearable, to designers around the world for ideas on future wearables. The Creators Project channel on Youtube has a number of videos related to this challenge.
- The PBS Off Book web series has posted a Future of Wearable Technology video out on Youtube
- Crunchwear has a page dedicated to Wearable Tech Concept Design ideas.
- Wired recently worked with Branch, a new product-design company, to imagine and design the future smartwatch. See How WIRED Designed the Ultimate Smartwatch
There is a ton of work going on by designers to make wearables more fashionable and functional. The future looks bright for wearables!