Juniper Research released their list of top ten wireless trends on December 15.
Juniper says that in 2010 there will be so much data requests coming from smartphones and other wireless mobile devices that 3G networks will be strained to the point that they may begin to fall. With sales of 33.8 million, the influx of iPhones is one of the main contributing factors to the rise in mobile data.
Here’s Juniper’s list of ten wireless predictions for 2010.
- Mobile Data Traffic Explosion to put strain on 3G Networks
- Mobile Ecosystem starts to go green
- Mobile Heads for the Cloud
- New category of Smartbooks to Emerge
- Apps Stores All Round
- Mobile Social Networking to Integrate with other Applications including M-Commerce
- NFC phones appear in the shops
- At least 10 LTE networks to be launched into service
- Smartphones to Get Augmented Reality Makeover
- Christmas Kindle sales expected to herald the rise of the connected embedded consumer devices
There is no doubt in my mind that the mobile and wireless market will continue to be a significant emerging trend in enterprise IT. Juniper has lots more detail on each of the to predictions listed above. To view and print a pdf file of the entire report, go to http://www.juniperresearch.com/toptenwirelesspredictions2010/TopTenWirelessPredictions2010.pdf