The 2010 economy in AP is looking better than the rest of the world, so I am on the lookout for trends lists coming from AP. I found an article Eight tech trends to look out for in 2010 in asiaone business that was originally published in The Business Times (Singapore). So the article provides a list of eight trends that the Singapore author says will take “centerstage” in 2010.
- Seed the clouds: Cloud computing still in hype cycle and needs some proof of concept.
- Push lean, not green: Green IT needs to be better defined. The key to going green may be to push the ‘get lean’ message.
- Dote on the data centre: Asia’s data centre growth is estimated at 33 per cent, with India and China leading on 48 per cent.
- Move from SaaS to KaaS: KaaS as a concept will take root in 2010 and will extend the SaaS delivery model.
- Go hyperband: Next generation high speed networks will be ready to roll in 2011.
- Tackle financial fraud: Fraud detection applications and processes.
- Be sweet to SMEs: No stimulus plan will work unless Small and Medium Enterprises are back in force in the economy.
- Watch out for Avatar: Not the movie, but machine-to-machine applications.
For more detail, check out the article Eight tech trends to look out for in 2010 . Note: Original story was posted in The Business Times (Singapore) at www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/bizit/story/0,4574,366424,00.html (subscription required)