This Thursday, I am on the speaker list for a special event organized by the Chicago branch of the American Marketing Association. And I’m looking forward to not only presenting, but meeting a bunch of new people who are interested in social media marketing.
There will be three other main speakers in addition to myself, all with 20 minute presentations about our experiences with social media marketing, whether in B2B or B2C. After the presentations, we will have a panel Q&A discussion.
I’ll be talking about two topics during my 20 minute slot.
- How IBM is approaching the development of a digital communications strategy that aligns with the IBM Brand.
- An overview of how we at IBM plan out social media marketing strategies.
I’ll post my slide deck up on Slideshare tomorrow at http://www.slideshare.net/HorizonWatching
The other speakers joining me are…
- Blagica Bottigliero, Director of Social Media, Motorola Mobility
- Troy Janisch, Social Media Manager, Digital Marketing, American Family Insurance
- Jennifer Severns, Creative Director, Zocalo Group
You can read up on their bios at this site.
Here are the event details:
- Event Name: Social Media: Beyond the Chaos
- Date of Event: Thursday, March 31, 2011
- Time: Registration opens 3:30pm. Presentations begin at 4pm. At 6:30 we will close the presentations down, but people can stay up until 8pm for networking opportunities.
- Event Location: Alhambra Palace / Marrakech Room, 1240 W. Randolph Street, Chicago, IL
- Registration: If you have not registered, you may still be able to get a ‘ticket’ to the event although last I heard they were almost sold out. The registration website is http://www.chicagoama.org/events/social-media-beyond-chaos.
For those of you wanting to follow along on Twitter, the hashtag will be #AMASocial. If I don’t see you at the event, perhaps I’ll see you on Twitter!