Verizon (www.verizonbusiness.com) recently published its annual list of 10 business technology trends that it says will help companies grow their business in 2010. While the list highlights the markets that Verizon plays in, the technologies are certainly ones that we should be watching.
Here’s a summary of Verizon Business’ list of 10 hot trends that will help move business forward in 2010 (my summary of the trend in italics):
- Enterprise Social Networking. Social networking integrated into enterprise unified communications and collaboration strategies.
- Aiming for the ‘Clouds’. Cloud computing adoption continues, making IT more efficient and businesses more agile.
- 360 Security. A trend towards applying security wherever data happens to be at the moment
- Mobilizing the Workforce: From Telework to Telepresence. Companies to accelerate deployment of mobile apps to help spur productivity and innovation.
- Borderless Business. Extending enterprise services and apps to employees, customers, suppliers and partners.
- High IQ Networks Fueling a Smart Economy. Trend towards smarter networks will allow companies to allocate resources where and when needed.
- The Focus Will Be on Green. The green trend continues to and will increasingly impact the way consumers and businesses make decisions.
- Seeing Is Believing. Video is increasingly being used as a business tool to conduct meetings and deliver real-time content.
- More Wireless Apps, Especially Machine to Machine. Wireless apps enable machines to communicate with each other and make “smart” decisions without human intervention.
- 20/20 Vision. Verizon ends with a very generic trend that says businesses will make better decisions in 2010 that will fuel their future growth.
For the full report, including video, audio podcasts and other related online resources, visit: http://www.verizonbusiness.com/go/2010_trends
For Verizon’s 2009 top trends list, check out my blog post Verizon: 2009 Top 10 Tech Trends